May 8, 2008

A Love Affair...

A love affair...

I have to admit, I am in love. Well, maybe not love, but rather a school-girl-type of crush. And though this love isn't quite yet an affair by most standards, it's an affair all the same to me.

Do you remember how it felt, how you felt deep inside, when you experienced that first flush of love? So new, so mysterious, so head-spinning delicious? That's what a new love can do for you. When life becomes static, you tend to look for something somewhere else, something...close. You look for something that excites, ignites that flame within. And when you find it, you hold on to it, albeit from a distance.

Because really, even though you may not be intending to act on this new-found love, this crush, if you will, the feeling it provides is enough to carry you through. In fact, these feelings can inspire you, be your muse, even spark great creativity.

So now you may be wondering, even curious, about whom I am writing. Who says that a love affair needs to be with another person? Couldn't one easily fall in love with an idea, an idea so inspiring that it washes over and through you, changing you forever? And couldn't a love affair involve simply falling in love with life? Or one's relationship with the Divine, so personal, so intimate, mysterious in itself? So then, maybe my love affair, my crush, is simply with the written word.

For the moment, I'm not telling...

4 comments:

julie king said...

it is your love affair with your new mac, right? i know how much you missed the old one and how much your were craving the sexy feel of your fingers on the keyboard again. hee hee great post and writing. your best blog post yet!

Anonymous said...

It is either her mac or she loves her new office digs. They are very swanky...

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Vel was right. I am so embarrassed. Laura I never knew you felt that way about me! Oh wait, what??...that wasn't about me? Oh, ummmm, nevermind.

-Andy

julie king said...

andy cracks me up!!!!!! what i wouldn't give for 15 minutes around the old production table with all of you!!!!!!