April 9, 2008

I Love to Write

I love to write. I love it so much, that I write even if I haven't an assignment. It's in my blood. My mother was a writer; very prolific at that. And my father could write philosophically for days on end. It really is a family passion, one of which I have in turn passed on to my youngest.

Words are sacred. I truly believe this to be true. They pack so much power. They can persuade, inspire, uplift, invoke, hurt, anger, and bring one to his knees. Words, when used effectively, can move you to tears, force you to act, or call you to arms. All this from a simple combination of letters, used in such an effective way that they grab attention, cause a reaction, and get a response.

Yes, it's true. I love to write. I love the written word.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Writers should be read, but neither seen nor heard.
— Daphne du Maurier (1907 - 1989)

julie king said...

i am so glad that you have started a blog. you ARE all about words so blogging should be a natural for you. don't put pressure on yourself to do it; just have fun and let it come naturally.

Anonymous said...

I love memorable quotes. My favorit is:

Cram it up your cram hole LeFleur.